26 C
Willemstad
• vrijdag 16 april 2021 05:18

ParadiseFM | 49.000 toeristen bezochten Aruba in maart

Bijna 49.000 verblijfstoeristen bezochten Aruba in de maand maart. Dat heeft het Arubaanse toerismebureau gisteren bekend gemaakt. Daarvan waren ruim 43.000 toeristen afkomstig uit Noord-Amerika. De rest kwam...

NRC | Curaçao verlengt lockdown tot 30 april

Flori Hofman De lockdown op Curaçao wordt zeker tot 30 april verlengd. Dat heeft premier Eugene Rhuggenaath donderdag bekendgemaakt, meldt persbureau ANP. Daarmee zal de avondklok, die tussen...

NTR | Curaçao verlengt lockdown, omdat er geen andere optie is

Oscar van Dam WILLEMSTAD – ‘‘Een versoepeling van de corona maatregelen op Curaçao is op dit moment geen enkele optie. We hebben te maken met de Britse variant,...

DH | Invest in kingdom relations, Council of State reemphasises

THE HAGUE--Relations in the Dutch Kingdom require constant investment, the Council of State reemphasised in its 2020 annual report. The relationship of mutual respect between governments and...

AntilliaansDagblad | Maatregelen Bonaire voorzichtig afgeschaald

Kralendijk - Gezaghebber Edison Rijna heeft tijdens de persconferentie van gisteren het risiconiveau verlaagd van niveau 6 naar niveau 5. Er is volgens Rijna verbetering opgetreden, maar hij...

AntilliaansDagblad | Perspectief politieplannen St. Maarten verdwijnt

Den Haag - Waar de voortgangscommissie eind 2019 optimistisch was over het Korps Politie Sint Maarten (KPSM), is het perspectief op verbeteringen nu erg laag. Anderzijds lijkt...
- Advertisement -spot_img
HomeMediaDH | Plaza Hotel casino's closed

DH | Plaza Hotel casino’s closed


WILLEMSTAD–The casino Plaza Hotel in Curaçao is closed since last Saturday. It was being operated without a valid permit for quite some time already. The Gaming Control Board (GCB) charged with the supervision had asked the Prosecutor’s Offi ce to take action.

GCB itself is not authorised to close the casino. Other than the prosecution, also police departments like the Bureau Financial Inquiries were involved in the raid, during which money was also confi scated. GCB director Raynold Nivilac says that the management of the casino, Rudy Pizziolo and Co., had indeed submitted a petition for a permanent permit, but it constantly didn’t meet the requirements.

As part of the secrecy code, Nivilac is not allowed to say what is lacking. Without any doubt, however, it must have to do with the inspection of the annual accounts. The casinos are running on provisional permits since the end of 2007.

GCB announced in April of this year that only two of the eleven casinos met the requirements and had permits for three years. The permit on one casino had almost run out. Eight casinos had a provisional permit. They got time to comply with the legal requirements during the “transitional phase.

” This provisional permit could be extended only once. “But we can’t continue like this. We must put an end to it,” says Nivilac. The casinos received several warnings. The casino of the Plaza Hotel is not the only one that doesn’t follow the rules. The managements of other casinos that are still running on a provisional permit do know now what can happen.

The Pizziolo-group that sold the Holiday Beach Hotel earlier this year manages eight casinos on the island. Soon two more local casinos will be added, the one of the Renaissance Hotel and that of the Howard Johnson-hotel.

The stricter rule has to do with the control on moneyflow as part of the control on money laundering and the financing of terrorism. A MICS (Minimal Internal Control Standards) has been set up, which is connected with the new casino permit as stipulation.

Bron: Daily Herald

Geef een reactie

Vul alstublieft uw commentaar in!
Vul hier uw naam in

Zoeken

Recente reacties