PHILIPSBURG–While the search continues for Kathron “Kuchi” Fortune, who escaped from the custody of Pointe Blanche prison guards on February 15, 2016, Justice Minister Rafael Boasman and Prosecutor Ton Maan plan to discuss raising the reward of NAF. 5,000 to a higher amount.
The Daily Herald requested information from the Prosecutor’s Office concerning the idea of possibly raising the amount, but spokesman Norman Serphos said only the Minister of Justice can decide to raise the reward.
Minister Boasman told this newspaper recently that he will be meeting with the Prosecutor soon to discuss the matter, but the police are still actively searching for the escapee and call on the community for any information that can lead to his capture.
The St. Maarten Police Force, the Kingdom Detectives Cooperation Team RST and the French authorities continue their investigations and hope to get more information from the community concerning the fugitive.
Kathron was sentenced to imprisonment at the Pointe Blanche prison for murder, but escaped from prison guards who had taken him for a doctor’s visit in Cay Hill on February 15 last year.
“It is important to know that harbouring ‘Kuchi’ – or for that matter any other fugitive from the law – or helping him to escape from justice is a serious crime and punishable by law,” the Prosecutor’s Office warned. “This type of assistance will lead to the arrest and prosecution of those who make themselves guilty of assisting Kuchi.”
In this regard the Prosecutor’s Office and police are requesting that anyone who has information that could lead to Kuchi’s arrest to immediately call 542-2222 ext. 214/215 or the anonymous tip line 9300.
The Prosecutor’s Office and police warns the public and emphasise not to attempt capturing Kuchi on your own, as he is considered armed and extremely dangerous. He is also said to wear different clothing and masks to hide his appearance.
Bron: Daily Herald